高三完形填空Security guard truck driver salesperson year
时间:2016-12-24 13:15 作者:admin 来源:www.2abc8.com
Security guard, truck driver, salesperson—year after year, these jobs appear on lists of the unhappiest careers. Although many factors can make a job ___41___ --unusual hours, low pay, no chance for advancement—these three jobs ___42___ for another reason: a lack of small talk.
Psychologists have long said that connecting with others is central to our well-being, but just how much conversation we require is under ___43___. In one study, researchers overheard undergraduates for four days and then ___44___ each conversations either “small talk” (“What do you have there? Pop corn? Yummy!”) or “serious” (“Did they break up soon after?”). They found that the second type is connected with happiness—the happiest students had roughly twice as many “serious” talks as the unhappiest ones. Small talk, meanwhile, ___45___ only ten percent of their conversation, versus almost 30 percent of conversation among the unhappiest students.
However, don’t just consider small talk ___46___ yet. Scientists believe that small talk could promote bonding. Chatting with strangers could ___47___ our morning. In a series of experiments, psychologists found that those who chatted with other train passengers reported a more pleasant journey than those who didn’t.
Small talk can also help us feel connecter to our ___48___. People who smiled at, made eye contact with and ___49___ spoke with their Starbucks baristas （咖啡师） reported a greater sense of ___50___ than those who rushed through the transaction（交易）. ___51___, when volunteers broke the silence of the art gallery to chat with gallery-goers, the visitors felt happier and more connected to the exhibit than those who were not ___52___.
Of course, some of us are better than others at turning small talk into something bigger. In one study, people who were rated “less curious” by researchers had trouble getting a conversation ___53___ on their own. People who were considered “curious”, meanwhile, needed no help ___54___ conversations about ordinary things like favorite holidays into friendly exchanges. A “curious mindset,” the researchers concluded, can lead to “positive social ___55___.”
Therefore, go ahead—small talk needn’t be idle, and nosiness isn’t all bad.
41. A. rewarding B. depressing C. exhausting D. challenging
42. A. stand out B. turn up C. give off D. put forward
43. A. negotiation B. construction C. investigation D. examination
44. A. divided B. entitled C. imposed D. cataloged
45. A. figured out B. made up C. look over D. added to
46. A. worthless B. essential C. boring D. ridiculous
47. A. occupy B. satisfy C. brighten D. spoil
48. A. emotions B. heart C. customers D. surroundings
49. A. purposefully B. briefly C. continuously D. generally
50. A. responsibility B. security C. belonging D. achievement
51. Consequently B. Oppositely C. Unexpectedly D. Similarly
52. A. approached B. attached C. addressed D. attended
53. A. breaking B. pausing C. rolling D. stopping
54. A. evolving B. substituting C. adapting D. transforming
55. A. interaction B. standard C. impact D. involvement
答案 41-45 BACDB 46-50 ACDBC 51-55 DACDA
- 高三完形填空This incident occurred in Casa
- 高三完形填空答案解析Do you know how discip
- 高三完形填空试题Two years ago Dubuque Iowa
- 高三完形填空试题I called my mother in law
- 高三完形填空Don’t you have any toys you w
- 高三完形填空试题We read a story about a wo
- 高三完形填空解析The snow is gone and green
- 高三完形填空My son Eric had gone to the vi
- 高三完形填空试题Animal Rights Every consci
- 高三完形填空试题When I heard the trainer's