高三完形填空Across the street from where we live there stands
时间:2016-12-25 17:08 作者:admin 来源:www.2abc8.com
Across the street from where we live, there stands a big hospital. To earn some money, we rented the rooms upstairs to patients. One evening, there was a(n) 41 at the door.I opened it and saw a short old man who was hardly 42 than my eight-year-old son. But the worst thing was his face----it was 43 ugly. He told me he'd been 44 a room since that noon but no one seemed to have one. For a moment I hesitated, not 45 to rent him a room, but his next words convinced me. He said,“I could 46 on this chair. My bus leaves early in the morning."I told him we would find him a 47 .
It wasn't a long time before I found that this old man had a 48 heart in that tiny body. He fished for a living to 49 his daughter, his daughter's children, and her disabled husband. He didn't tell it by way of complaint. Instead, he was 50 that no pain was caused by his disease and that he still had strength to keep going. At 51 ,we put a camp cot（吊床）in my children's room for him. 52 he left the next morning, he asked, “Could I please come back and 53 when I see the doctor next time? Grown-ups are bothered by my 54 .but children don't seem to 55 . ”1 told him he was welcome to come again.
On his next trip, he brought a big fish and a bag of the largest oysters（牡蛎）I had ever seen.
Other times we received 56 in the mail. There were oysters, fish or some fresh vegetables.
57 how little money he had and that he must walk three miles to 58 these made these gifts much more precious. And from him we 59 what it was to accept the bad without complaint and the good 60 gratitude.
41. A. bell B. answer C. knock D. call
42.A. taller B. healthier C. better D. stronger
43. A. hardly B. usually C. really D. finally
44. A. searching B. looking at C. hunting for D. checking in
45.A. knowing B. refusing C. fearing D. wanting
46. A. wait B. sit C. hide D. sleep
47.A. bed B. seat C. table D. living room
48. A. funny B. beautiful C. small D. normal
49. A. please B. surprise C. support D. exchange
50. A. interested B. scared C. grateful D. worried
51. A. midnight B. suppertime C. bedtime D. noon
52. A. lf B. Once C. Before D. After
53.A. visit B. stay C. pay D. chat
54. A. action B. voice C. face D. manner
55. A. notice B. require C. mind D. escape .
56. A. card B. letters C. greetings D. packages
57. A. Believing B. Knowing C. Doubting D. Telling
58. A. mail B. get C. find D. make
59. A. remembered B. explained C. learned D. showed
60. A. for B. with C. in D. under
答案 41—45 CACCD 46—50 DABCC 51—55 CCBCC 56—60 DBACB
TAG标签： 高三 完形填空
- 高三完形填空This incident occurred in Casa
- 高三完形填空答案解析Do you know how discip
- 高三完形填空试题Two years ago Dubuque Iowa
- 高三完形填空试题We read a story about a wo
- 高三完形填空试题I called my mother in law
- 高三完形填空Don’t you have any toys you w
- 高三完形填空解析The snow is gone and green
- 高三完形填空My son Eric had gone to the vi
- 高三完形填空试题When I heard the trainer's
- 高三完形填空试题Animal Rights Every consci