2017郑州高三一模完形填空I remember the first day when I saw Sally
时间:2016-12-29 08:41 作者:admin 来源:本站整理
I remember the first day when I saw Sally playing basketball. I watched in wonder as she struggled her way through the crowd of boys on the playground. She seemed so 41 , but she managed to shoot jump shots just over their heads and into the net. The boys always tried to stop her 42 nobody could.
I began to notice Sally at other times, basketball in hand, playing 43 . She pacticed dribbling (运球）and 44 over and over.
One day I asked Sally why she 45 so much. Without a moment of hesitation she said, “I want to go to college. The only way I can go is to get a 46 . I’m going to play college basketball and I want to be the best one. I believe that if I am 47 enough，I will get one. My father has told me that if the dream is big enough，the facts don’t 48 . ”
I 49 her through those junior high years and into high school. Every week, she led her team to 50 . One day in her senior year, I saw her sitting on the grass, her head 51 her arms. Slowly and quietly, I 52 and sat down beside her. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “Oh，nothing,” came a soft reply, “I am just too short. ” The 53 told her that at 165 cm she would probably never play for a top team一still less she would be 54 a scholarship--so she should stop dreaming about college.
I felt she was extremely 55 . I asked her if she had talked to her dad about it yet. She told me that her father said those coaches were 56 . They didn’t understand the _ 57 of a dream.
The next year, Sally was seen by a college basketball coach after a big game. She was 58 offered a scholarship and __59__ to the college team. She was going to get the ollege education that she had 60 and worked toward for all those years.
It’s true： if the dream is big enough, the facts don’t count.
41. A. silent B small C. strong D. huge
42. A. but B. and C. so D. for
43. A. still B. again C. well D. alone
44. A. passing B. running C. shooting D. struggling
45. A. studied B. practiced C. expected D. improved
46. A. title B. prize C. scholarship D. reward
47. A. good B. brave C. careful D. active
48. A. lack B. talk C. appear D. count
49. A. encouraged B. respected C. watched D. helped
50. A. victory B. confidence C. responsibility D. profession
51. A. dropped B. buried C. covered D. sunk
52. A. walked off B. walked out C. walked around D. walked up
53. A. coach B. teacher C. captain D. leader
54. A. suggested B. sent C. promised D. offered
55. A. worried B. excited C. disappointed D. surprised
56. A. great B. wrong C. strict D. cruel
57. A. pressure B. value C. cause D. power
58. A. exactly B. naturally C. really D. normally
59. A. taken B. admitted C. introduced D. appointed
60. A. dreamed of B. picked up C. benefited from D. carried out
答案 41.B 42.A 43.D 44.C 45.B 46.C 47.A 48.D 49.C 50.A 51.B 52.D 53.A 54.D 55.C 56.B 57.D 58.C 59.B 60.A
TAG标签： 完形填空 郑州一模
- 高三完形填空试题Two years ago Dubuque Iowa
- 高三完形填空试题We read a story about a wo
- 高三完形填空Don’t you have any toys you w
- 成都市2017届高三一诊完形填空When you are l
- 高三完形填空解析The snow is gone and green
- 高三完形填空试题When I heard the trainer's
- 高三完形填空试题Animal Rights Every consci
- 高三完形填空试题YOU’RE too small Ginny yo
- 高一完形填空解析I will never forget a girl
- 高三完形填空试题I have been paralyzed 瘫痪