2017闵行区一模完形填空Celebrities in other word famous people
时间:2017-01-05 08:37 作者:admin 来源:本站整理
Celebrities, in other word, famous people, have become one of the most important representatives of popular culture. Fans used to be crazy about a specific film, but now the public tends to base its consumption on the interest of celebrity attached to a specific ____41____. Besides, fashion magazines have almost ____42____ the practice of putting models on the cover because they don't sell nearly as well as famous faces. ____43____, celebrities have realized their unbelievably powerful market potential, moving from advertising for others’ products to developing their own.
Celebrity clothing lines aren't a completely new phenomenon, but in the past they were typically aimed at the ____44____ consumers, while today they’re started by first-class stars whose products enjoy equal fame with some world top ____45____. The most successful start-ups have been those by celebrities with specific personal style. As celebrities become more and more experienced at the market, they expand their production scale ____46____, covering almost all the products of daily life.
However, for every success story, there’s a related warning tale of a celebrity who ____47____ his consumer appeal. No matter how famous the product’s origin is, if it ____48____ to impress consumers with its own qualities it begins to resemble an exercise in self-promotional marketing. And once the initial attention dies down, consumer interest might fade, ____49____ returning to labels which have proved to be reliable.
Today, celebrities face even more severe ____50____. The pop-cultural circle might be bigger than ever, but its rate of turnover(逆转) has ____51____ as well. Each misstep threatens to reduce a celebrity’s shelf life and the same newspaper or magazine that once brought him ____52____ has no problem severely criticizing him and taking everything from him when the opportunity appears. Still, the ego’s(自我的) potential for ____53____ is limitless. Having already achieved great wealth and public recognition, many celebrities see ____54____ as the next frontier to be conquered. As the saying goes, success and failure always go hand in hand. Their success as designers might last only a short time and as a matter of fact, fashion - like celebrity - has always been ____55____. So the next time celebrities introduce their lines of fashion, let’s just wait and see how long they will stay.
41. A. film B. character C. product D. magazine
42. A. abandoned B. promoted C. enhanced D. developed
43. A. All in all B. As a result C. Above all D. On the contrary
44. A. wealthy B. famous C. special D. ordinary
45. A. technologies B. brands C. studios D. producers
46. A. rapidly B. moderately C. reluctantly D. carefully
47. A. ignored B. disapproved C. overvalued D. estimated
48. A. intends B. fails C. manages D. strengthens
49. A. loyalty B. promotion C. regret D. disappointment
50. A. depression B. failure C. punishment D. embarrassment
51. A. slowed down B. called off C. speeded up D. faded away
52. A. fame B. fortune C. trouble D. risk
53. A. information B. knowledge C. reputation D. expansion
54. A. audience B. fashion C. charm D. performance
55. A. admirable B. productive C. temporary D. respectable
答案 CABDB ACBAD CADBC
TAG标签： 完形填空 闵行区一模
- 高三完形填空试题Two years ago Dubuque Iowa
- 高三完形填空试题We read a story about a wo
- 成都市2017届高三一诊完形填空When you are l
- 高三完形填空试题Animal Rights Every consci
- 高三完形填空试题When I heard the trainer's
- 高三完形填空试题Determined to keep my priv
- 高三完形填空试题I have been paralyzed 瘫痪
- 高三完形填空解析In 1972 Jim was working at
- 高三完形填空My first lesson is at a meetin
- 高三完形填空试题My parents always told me