高三阅读理解Food for Italians isn’t a trend it’s a way
时间:2017-01-09 08:59 作者:admin 来源:本站整理
Food for Italians isn’t a trend; it’s a way of life. Italians live to eat, and the importance of food in family life is absolutely important and deep-rooted in everyday routines.
In Italy, kids are encouraged to be part of every social occasion that revolves around food –it’s not about dividing the children from the adults, giving them separate meals or putting them to bed early. In Britain, by contrast, my sister and I often see children eating separate meals from their parents.
Letting children experience food like an Italian will develop not just their palate(味觉)but also their social skills, manners, teaching them new and mature ways to interact. Here are some food customs that are part of every Italian child’s upbringing.
One of the most celebrated Italian food customs is the morning coffee. Coffee shops and bars have customers streaming in and out of them each morning as the Italians get their daily dose–and this habit is just as much about the social setting as it is about the coffee.
While the morning is all about coffee, pre-lunch or dinner, it’s all about the local snacks. Most often, Italian city centres and squares are jam packed with locals who come out with their kids to enjoy this pre-dinner treat, and children are encouraged to enjoy snacks available. This is a brilliant way to get kids to try new tastes without the pressures of meal times. It’s important to note that “kids’ menus” do not exist in Italian restaurants–children are treated like adults and are offered plates from the main menu – in smaller amounts, if they’re young.
Post-lunch, most cities can seem quite deserted. But by 4 p.m. onwards, the crowds start to re-emerge. One by one, families spill out and the streets liven up. Everyone begins their afternoon stroll, enjoying the afternoon snacks, like ice-cream, which turns over a huge trade in Italy.
24. What will parents do at meal times in Italy?
A. Let children have their meals separately. B. Order some food for children but in small amounts.
C. Offer children plates from kids’ menu. D. Encourage children to eat with them.
25. What won’t children develop if they experience food like an Italian?
A. Cooking ways. B. Sense of taste. C. Social skills. D. Interacting manners.
26. What do we know about the pre-dinner treat in Italy?
A. It is most often about coffee. B. It can get children to experience new foods with ease.
C. It is unavailable in city centres and squares. D. It can reduce the pressure of meal times.
27. What is the author’s purpose in writing this passage?
A. To introduce different Italian local foods. B. To stress the importance of food for Italians.
C. To show Italians’ children education. D. To advertise Italian food trends.
24. 答案选D。根据文章第二段可知，意大利人吃饭时不会把小孩分开，也不会让他们单独吃另外的东西，而是鼓励孩子一起参与。另外，根据文章中的第五段“It’s important to note that “kids’ menus” do not exist in Italian restaurants–children are treated like adults and are offered plates from the main menu – in smaller amounts, if they’re young. ”可知B，C 是错误的。因此，选D。
25. 答案选A。根据文章第三段“Letting children experience food like an Italian will develop not just their palate(味觉)but also their social skills, manners, teaching them new and mature ways to interact.”可知，让小孩像意大利人一样品尝食物，不能提高他们的厨艺。所以答案选A。
26. 答案选B。根据文章中第五段“This is a brilliant way to get kids to try new tastes without the pressures of meal times.”可知答案选B. 其中D 答案干扰比较大，让小孩饭前吃一些小吃，可以让他们很轻松，不会有正餐的压力感。但并不意味着饭前的小吃可以减少正餐的压力，因此D 不能选。
27. 答案选B。根据文章的第一段“Food for Italians isn’t a trend; it’s a way of life.”，我们可知：饮食对于意大利人的重要意义。它不是一种时尚，而是一种固有的生活方式和习惯，因此选B.
TAG标签： 阅读理解 高三
- 高三阅读理解试题What does it say about the
- 六级阅读真题答案Countries Rush for Upper H
- 高三阅读理解试题Did English football final
- 高三阅读理解Wouldn’t it be wonderful to t
- 高三阅读理解Given the tradition of student
- 高三阅读理解Lucy whose skeleton(骨骼）was
- 2017成都一诊阅读理解I remember the first t
- 高三阅读理解试题Overview Explore Stewart I
- 高三阅读理解试题The day of the end of seme
- 高三七选五试题During a research experiment